An opportunity has arisen for a Technician to join our team at one of Scotland’s most prestigious touring venues, hosting the biggest names in musicals, comedy and rock.
The candidate must be experienced in both sound and lighting. For all in-house productions, co-productions, touring productions, visiting productions, events, workshops and community hires the candidate will:
• Facilitate, oversee and realise the technical staging requirements for each production as required
• Working with incoming production teams to design and implement lighting, sound and projection requirements
• Attending production meetings, rehearsals, technical rehearsals, get-ins, get-outs and performances as required
• Overseeing all rigging activities and ensuring they are carried out in a suitable manner
• To ensure that adequate stocks of consumables are held
• Working as show crews in accordance with staff rotas
• Ensure that show reports are filled in and filed for every live performance
• Promoting good working practice and maintaining high production values at all times
• Ensure good working relationships and co-operation with all departments of the Theatre by communicating clearly and politely with other departments, and seeking actively to assist other departments where possible
• Being familiar and complying with current Health & Safety regulations relevant to the industry and to keep abreast of changes to such regulations.
• to administer the Health & Safety policy as it relates to the department, including backstage, dressing rooms and green room, linking corridors, the stage and associated .
• Ensuring that working practices throughout the building adhere to the in-house Health & Safety policy and with Health & Safety regulations generally. In particular, to ensure that technical aspects of the Theatre’s operation are safe at all times and conform to the appropriate legislative and licensing requirements.
• Notifying the Chief Executive of any Health & Safety issues which arise and ensuring that responsive remedial works are carried out.
• Completing risk assessments for the stage elements of productions, and general risk assessments for specific areas of work within the department.
• Producing and maintaining Health & Safety records relevant to the department as required.
Salary range £25,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience
Please send cv and covering letter to email@example.com.