Tasked with operational delivery of exceptionally good customer care, including a key role as front-facing theatre representative. Reporting to the theatre management, this position will ensure all services comply with applicable legislation; including health and safety, licensing and environmental health as well as ensuring that all staff adhere to trust financial operations regulations and procedures.
Core General Duties and Responsibilities
• Promoting the highest standards of customer service in the team
• Representing the company as duty supervisor ensuring the integrity of the Company’s Licences.
• Supervision of all event staff, including bar staff, front of house staff and stewards, and maintenance and cleaning staff.
• Supporting colleagues and managers in all aspects of safety, emergency and evacuation procedures as required
• Ensuring that foyers and auditoria are always well presented. Being proactive and reactive in taking action to improve the presentation of our buildings including items that require input from other departments.
Stock Control and Analysis
• Manage all sales activities, ensuring licence requirements and hygiene standards are rigorously adhered to.
• Ordering, receiving, costing profitability and receipts of all stocks in accordance with Company procedures.
• Arrange receipt of goods, checking stock receipts, recording / distribution of stock and authorising credit sales.
• Determining and monitoring controls for float issue, receiving nightly cash, and checking and banking activities, in line with company financial policy. Fully assist in and provide accurate information for regular internal and external stocktaking.
• Care of the beer cellar and stock rooms keeping them clean, tidy, safe and secure.
• Record, analyse and balance daily till sales.
• Setting up and running Hospitality or other functions.
• Supporting the Booker in the arrangements for conferencing, functions and event management of our venue.
Commercial Development and Promotion
• Establish sales targets to be achieved and ensure these are achieved and, where possible, improved.
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing and other Departments in developing sales and promotion opportunities
• Develop product selection and promotion
• Supporting other departments in the devising and development of retail campaigns for the Trust’s bars and trading activities, based on main stage programme and being active in the creation of promotional sales strategies to maximise profit
• Promote feedback from staff and members of the public and conduct other research as necessary to promote excellent customer service and develop commercial success.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com